Ingredients (To serve 4):
1 white onion & 1 red onion
Olive Oil & Sunflower Oil
4 bay leaves
Bunch of sage leaves
1. Thinly slice the potatoes keeping the skins on if using young potatoes. Slice onions.
2. Add olive & sunflower oil to the frying pan and place potatoes, onions, sage leaves and 2 bay leaves on top with a pinch of salt.
3. Cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes covered with a lid and turn over potatoes using a spatula. Cook for another 10-15 minutes again with the lid on until soft and turn off cooker to let it cool for 5 mins.
4. Gently beat eggs in a bowl, add some salt.
5. Remove bay leaves from the frying pan. Add the eggs and gently mix and bring cooker back up to a low to medium heat.
6. Cut into the center with the spatula and tilt the frying pan to allow the excess liquid egg to drain down into the cut, thus the omelette will not have too much liquid on top.
7. After 5 minutes the bottom is cooked. Put a plate on top of the tortilla, turn it upside down with a kitchen cloth and slide it back into the frying pan to cook the other side. Shape the borders with the spatula.
8. Serve with tomato and red onion salad, seasoned with balsamic vinegar and parsley on top.