In this 3rd Q and A session, i’m answering questions about our little personal plant nursery, starting plants from seed and cuttings and plant propagation in general. The questions are listed below with time stamps. Please feel to ask us questions in the comments for our next Q&A session on Medicinal Plants – Traditional household medicines, uses, fresh and dried herbs and flowers, medicinal leaves and berries.
- 0:00 – Why do you grow your own plants?
- 2:45 – Do you make your own potting mix for starting seeds and cuttings? If so, what are the ingredients? If not, which potting mix do you get?
- 5:32 – Is it too late to divide rhubarb if it’s already in leaf?
- 7:15 – Have you tried using biodegradable pots, soil blockers or any other plastic-free propagation method? If so, how did you find using them?
- 9:47 – How long does it take for seeds to germinate when starting them in greenhouse?
- 12:50 – When are the seedlings ready for planting out or for repotting?
- 17:21 – What’s the best time of the year to root cuttings?
- Q&A Sessions – Vol. 1 – No Dig Mulch Gardening – Almost zero maintenance yet highly productive
- Q&A Sessions – Vol. 2 – Growing Food – Fruits, berries, vegetables and herbs in a no dig mulched garden
- Medicinal Plants – Traditional household medicines, uses, fresh and dried herbs and flowers, medicinal leaves and berries.
- Homesteading – Cooking, preserving and storing food and medicinal herbs, brewing country wines etc.
- Plants – Perennial plants often with multiple uses – Food, medicinal, handcraft and building materials, firewood, insecteries, wildlife plants, nitrogen fixing plants etc.